Monday 1 December 2008

Ingwie Malmsteen Playing Icarus Dream Fanfare

A few days ago a friend past me an advert pamphlet advertising guitar tutorial DVDs. Flicking through it I came across a style called "neo classical shred".
"What the heck is this?" I asked my mate.
"Oh, it's Ingwie Malmsteen" he replied, "he's a heavy rock guitarist that also plays classical music."
Evidently he became known in the late 70s early 80s, a period when I wasn't following music trends very much so he had slipped by me. Evidently he had slipped by many people. Today I managed to listen to his "Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E Flat minor Opus 1" which he played with the
New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra and it was breath taking...what have I been missing all these years!!!
Here is the opening piece called Icarus Dream Fanfare. You'll find more pieces from this work plus more at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN5FAcd2sbM



No comments:

Post a Comment